Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Year's Day on September 29th

A preview of New Year's Day floated across the screen of my life.

I was walking across my college campus, lifting my brand-new-used books like I was going to be the next governor of CA. I walked by the gym catching my reflection in the full-length windows (umm, yeah, maybe this year wasn't the best to run for governor).

Movement behind the reflection caught my attention and as I peered closer, I realized the gym was packed. It was 4:00 in the afternoon, and the gym could have been a mouse cage; treadmills circling non-stop, weight machines clanking, rock music... rocking?

You go people! (And if you keep going around mid-terms -kudos to you and cheers as well!)

Here's the part that the preview didn't show, though. And its the best. The King of All, creates each day, new. Because of Him each day is the start. I can keep hopping on that treadmill because I've never before made resolutions. Never before broken my resolutions. There never was a yesterday...

No comments: