Thursday, September 10, 2009

contact me please

At times, I live for eye contact, I think. The connection makes me feel alive, vital, beautiful.

The man with the reddish, blonde pony tail in the VW Van across from me at the stoplight.
The crazy (take it literal, kids) lady on my gurney with the startling gray eyes .
My partner over our patient's head, while he (the patient) happily munched a peanut butter/butter sandwhich I had made him (his choice of sandwhich, not mine; and btw, he thought it was quite yummy).
A friend in the middle of an argument.

Often I hold on a second too long; just long enough to see the polite "eye-contact acknowledgment" fall away, revealing their thoughts. Which normally entails varying levels of annoyance at my brazeness. I know, I'm so wild.

This on the other hand is just creepy:

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the thrid had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. (Revelation 4:6-8)

IMAGINE. HE must be into eye contact I think.

Look deep into mine eyes, peeps.

No comments: