Monday, May 19, 2008

Some have soul-mates, others bosom-buddies... I have blood-brothers

Blonde, adorable, smart, and just nine years old. He was showing Nolan and I his play house that he and his grandpa had built. I don't know his name, nor had I ever seen him before; we weren't introduced, but he was most hospitable and gave us the grand tour (including the jail) of the house.

Being a contractor's daughter, I was paying particular attention to the details: "Oh, how nice, you have wood floors." He kinda nods, is about to say something, then Nolan -who used to work construction- cuts in, "Laminate, I think it's laminate, you know the..." The kid is nodding, but suddenly speaks, "Vinyl. The floor is vinyl... yeah, it kinda looks like wood, but it's not." The toe of his shoe makes a dust rainbow on the floor while he talks.

Later, I ask him if he wants to be a doctor like his grandpa when he grows up. He promptly shakes his head, "I want to be a garbage man." No kidding! Me too! "I watch them all the time... they're pretty cool."

Yeah, he and I are like this.

No comments: