Wednesday, June 11, 2008

If only I had a BIG sandbox

Push the dirt around. Dig a hole. Pretend it goes to China. Make a crater. Make a bridge. Fill the crater with water. Watch the bridge collapse. Stick the hose in the ground. Watch the water bubble up through the sand. Avoid the cat poop. Make a mountain...

One of my favorite past-times during my carefree, lazy growing-up summers, was playing with dirt and water. You could almost always find me, a little pony-tailed girl, playing in the ditch under the big willows, or making a river down the driveway with Mama's flower-watering hose.

If only I had this, back then(!):





The fire guys took me out to learn how to "knock a hydrant." A 101 on how to hook up a fire hose to a hydrant, in case of a fire.

Now I know why they love their job so much! Water -everywhere!

1 comment:

dc said...

That does look fun! :) Make any mud pies while you were at it?